Well, if I was not comfortable with editing videos before, I am definitely getting close to it now. I do have a bit of trouble when it comes to the editing but that being said, it is quite rewarding when you get to see the finished product. However, I was not able to teach myself how to use the green screen quite yet. I also have difficulty because I am not able to get iMovie on my laptop, increasing my accessibility to work on a video at home. That being said, I did play around with iMovie on my phone to create a video that relates (slightly) to my inquiry.

GOOGLE MYSELF?!

I was thankful that when I googled myself, there was not much that came up. The first website was a LinkedIn profile that I have never actually used. I only set it up to try to see what LinkedIn was all about. The second was a list of people named Dayna Clark who are on Facebook. Although mine was the first result, my Facebook account is quite private as I made sure to go through my settings in depth a few years ago. Finally, the third is from one of my co-op reports for my undergraduate degree regarding my time spent at Queen Charlotte Lodge in Haida Gwaii.

HELPING CHILDREN MANAGE DIGITAL FOOTPRINTS

I think the first step towards helping students manage their digital footprints is to make sure they have a full understanding of what a digital footprint is. A digital footprint “refers to the trail of data you leave when using the internet. It includes websites you visit, emails you send, and information you submit online. A digital footprint can be used to track a person’s online activities and devices. Internet users create their digital footprint either actively or passively.” (Kapersky, retrieved 2022) Personally, I think before I help children manage theres I would need to better manage mine. However, that being said, increased education will help all of us and I can model this to my students as I learn along side them.

JESSE MILLER PRESENTATION

I think it is safe to say that Jesse and I sit on two very different sides of the spectrum when it comes to technology use. I found it very interesting to hear his point of view. I was significantly interested when he posed the idea of allowing children in middle school 20 minutes of class time and 2 minutes of phone time. Although I have not been teaching yet, I do not think this is something I would go for. I think we need to learn to have a bit of distance from our cellphones and allow ourselves to focus on the task at hand. He used the example of “but I see my teacher on their phone” and I do not think this is right. It is my personal view that when you are at work (unless it is a work phone) you do not need to be on your phone. That is what before, breaks and after work (or school) is for.