So… Equine Therapy?

Check out this animated Canva infographic! (I suggest full screen view!)

Horses have been used as therapy animals for many years but are quickly gaining increased traction. With this, there are more and more places offering Equine Therapy as a supplemental treatment. It is important to note that this type of therapy should not replace other physical, mental or emotional therapies altogether. However, there are a few key features that have made this a prominent aid for a wide variety of clients.

✔️ Horses are herd animals and as such as known for tuning into emotions, even that of humans

✔️Horses have been shown to improve physical and cognitive function

✔️Horses have been able to provide significant results in mood boosting, specifically with dementia patients.

✔️Equine Therapy offers a variety of services (hippotherapy, stable management, etc)

Ok, but why Equine Therapy for Free Inquiry?

I have loved learning about ways to implement this technology into my future classroom!

Through this inquiry process, I wanted to focus on something that I was not only passionate about but that I also had some experience with. I felt as though that made this process seem a little less daunting, as the digital side of things was all very new. It was interesting to have chosen a topic that related to assistance for those with cognitive, physical, emotional or behavioural disabilities as I felt that this was well tied in with our course content. I am sure many of the programs use certain types of assistive technologies and if not, it would be a great area of growth for them both in a hands on or online setting. During this process, I found many informative videos on Youtube as well as the following resources:

In sum, it was a great experience to learn through creating a blog post. This learning was completed in both my area of inquiry as well as behind the scenes in the digital creation of each blog post. Every post I have found myself feeling more comfortable and have even begun to think about using WordPress as an online newsletter in future classrooms.